Friday, January 16, 2009

Neglect

My 40D is staying in....it is too cold. It is way too slippery and snowy and  I am too clumsy. Besides, I have neglected my little Canon point and shoot far too long. Charged up her little battery, put in a new little teeny memory card (only 256MB!!!! as compared to my big girl CF cards) and shoved her in my pocket.
But not before setting her up with manual settings...c'mon you gotta do this right people. What a great little camera she has been. Took her to Venice last year, and in November, a cooworker of mine borrowed her for a trip to Africa.  The point and shoot definitely has a place in every photographer's bag of tricks, particularly when travelling, or in interesting weather.
Wow! Just a  beautiful morning despite the frigid cold.
Sometimes I think snow is to dogs what catnip is to kitties.

5 comments:

  1. I don't envy the cold you have been having. I won't mention that I am wearing capris and flip flops in sunny Northern California right now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my point and shoot when it was all I had... I got fantastic photos in Sweden. And at the Grand Canyon!
    Plus it was light and easy to carry around. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snow pictures! We don't get much here in TN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not the camera, it is the photographer!
    I remember I had an old guitar that would not play a decent tune for me, but when a fantastic musician took it in his hands one day... it played, oh it played! Mind you I never pick it up again after.
    But you can do with the point and shoot what my friend did with my instrument!
    Keep on shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love that first picture!!

    ReplyDelete