Friday, November 21, 2008

some more glass

So as I am continuing my quest to find the perfect lens set up, I decided to try out this little baby.
Great lens. My gal Jamie just got herself this little number as well.
Got some great shots 2 days ago with the 4 pups I was photographing.  (Shhhhh....can't show you yet.....but check out those really cute paws.)  Like it...it is light and has IS. I find that I really appreciate the lenses with IS especially on a typical Nantucket day when the wind is about 30-35mph, oh and like when I am chasing four dogs in said wind.
Just as Jamie said, nice and sharp. Yup, would love the 2.8 but I am thinking this is a great alternative for the $.
Won't be using it though for my next shoot: 2 sweet little kitty cats....another surprise Christmas present.  Did I mention how much I love surprises?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Charlotte, thank you for the cats compliments!
    You know I have the same lens but 2.8 and I highly recommend it. You like me like the action shot and my lens is much faster, easier to get images in focus. I know Jamie does not think that it is as sharp, but it is the best is 70-200 range that money can buy!
    Interesting shots! Still hiding the identity of dogs?
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come December 26th, I will be posting like crazy.
    I hate keeping them hidden....they are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete