Saturday, October 25, 2008

canon girl all the way

Some folks have asked recently about my camera gear. Truth be told, I considered switching to Nikon recently after meeting two fabulous gals Bev and Stephanie , but I had to stick with Canon. It just felt right to me. I just upgraded to a 40D and could not be happier. Dan, you were right again, my friend.
It is funny how my fellow photographer friends love one or the other. I know of some who love both. I definitely believe you can't go wrong with either. It is purely personal preference.
Now it all comes down to the big stuff....the glass. I am currently renting from Lensprotogo (Paul you are wonderful!) what I believe may be one of the best lenses for my kind of photo taking....Canon 24-70mm f/2.8. Yummy. However, I really want to try the 50 mm 1.4. Hmmmm.
I am also thinking about asking Paul for a week's worth of the 24 f/1.4....whhhooooooeeeee!
So many good options. There is even this option. Boy I wish Santa was still around.
Now this little photographer is a Nikon girl through and through.
I wish I had started doing this at her age. By the way, there was hardly even a glance my way from her. "Silly old girl with your canon."

3 comments:

  1. *sniffle*
    I want a 40D... I REALLY want a 5D but I'd take a 40D.
    Is it bad that I'm a "professional" with an XT?
    : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, my next dream lens, the 24-70. I rented it one weekend, and was stunned at how sharp the shots were. Drooool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, my next dream lens, the 24-70. I rented it one weekend, and was stunned at how sharp the shots were. Drooool!

    ReplyDelete