Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sophie Bella

As a pet photographer, I see many animals, particularly dogs. I adore them all, sometimes a little too much.
Having two dogs is just the perfect scenario for me. Ok, ok, I would love to have 4 or 5 to be really honest; however, 2 is a good number for me at this point.
I thought I would blog today about my little girl, the oldest of my two beauties, Sophie.
Sophie came home to me as a seven week old baby girl. I brought her home to be a little sister for my beautiful Charlotte, then eight years old. What a beautiful almost five year life they had together. I will always credit Sophie for being such a great friend and protector of Charlotte.
They adored each other.
When Charlotte crossed over the rainbow bridge, my world fell apart. Sophie picked me up and literally did not leave my side. She grew up overnight. Previously an impulsive, sometimes defiant "monkey girl", she suddenly turned into the loyal, receptive and loving dog that I expected her to be as she matured. There was no more running away to chase deer and bunnies; she stuck by my side like a velcro dog. She was always staring at me.
However, she appearred to me to be getting more and more depressed. I knew she missed Charlotte, and was probably being affected by my emotional state.
When I finally got word that I was accepted to adopt a 17 month old golden boy, I jumped at the chance. A boy who needed us, just as we needed him.
Sophie is as happy as can be. She adores Zach. He adores her. She is an incredible big sister, just as Charlotte taught her to be.
Since the day I took her home, I was always amazed by her eyes. She has the shiniest, "twinkliest" eyes I have ever seen. I hope I captured them so that you can see what I mean. Like little stars, day or night.
Yes, I am very proud of my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment